Monday, August 23, 2010

Beading Frenzy

It's not really related to my house, but I promised my mom I would share with her the pictures of the necklaces/earrings I made this weekend. Carrie came over on Saturday, and we got our Crafty-Geekness on, and made some jewelry. Carrie finished a necklace her sister had asked for long ago, as well as another necklace using some of her beads and some of mine--both turned out lovely, though I didn't think to snap some pictures of them. I made three necklaces/earring sets, and then felt like making more on Sunday.
The first set I made, I used some lovely rose-coloured glass beads, as well as some mirrored clear seed beads and some silver-plated beads, with a gemstone pendant (quartz?) . I really like how it turned out.
Next I decided to finally do something with the jade-coloured stone beads I had picked up several years ago. I mixed in some sea foam coloured glass beads, as well as some more mirrored clear seed beads. I'm not sure if I'll wear it much, but it's a nice addition to my jewelry.
The final necklace I made on Saturday was a mixture of crazed earthenware pieces, black glass round beads, mirrored grey tiny seed beads, and a large quartz pendent. I know I'll get a lot of use out of this set!Albert decided to inspect the goods as I was taking pictures.On Sunday, I was sifting through my larger glass beads, and decided to make something out of these aquamarine faceted glass beads I bought several years ago. I used some pearlized seed beads and some of the left over glass jade coloured beads from the second necklace I made on Saturday. It's kind of Flintstones-esque but I think it's purty.
The second set on Sunday used up the rest of the rose-coloured glass beads from the first necklace on Saturday, as well as a rose-coloured glass pendent. I think it's awefully pretty!
The final piece I made on Sunday used this beautiful raspberry-coloured quartz pendent as its center-piece. While the glass beads aren't an EXACT colour match, they were close enough to not be distracting. I love it, and actually wore it to work today (it's a much lighter colour than it appears in the pictures).
Every six months or so, I get the itch to just bead and bead and bead and bead. And then I lose interest and move onto some other craft. I wonder how long I'll remain on this kick :o) I should make some Christmas gifts while I'm feeling it!

No comments: